These easy strawberry cinnamon rolls are the perfect solution to Valentine’s Day breakfast (or dessert!). It’s out of the box AND yummy. All you need is a can of cinnamon rolls and some fresh strawberries, and for something extra you can add strawberry jam or preserves if you like.
Although I would have loved to have made some from scratch, like many of the pins I have seen on Pinterest, but it didn’t seem practical since I already had these rolls in my refrigerator! They were a hit, and the strawberries added the perfect amount of tart flavor to keep the rolls from being too sweet.
Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls
1 container cinnamon rolls with buttercream icing
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1/8 cup strawberry jam or preserves (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or as instructions dictate on the cinnamon roll container).
2. Unroll each cinnamon roll so that 5 inches of the dough is exposed. Place 4-5 sliced strawberries on the dough, and gently re-roll the buns.
3. Place the rolls in a greased/non-stick round pan (8″ or 9″).
4. Cook for the specified time on the package, adding 5 extra minutes if needed to reach golden brown color.
5. Let cool, and prepare with icing as instructed.
6. If you want to be extra with the strawberry flavor, warm up 1/8 cup of strawberry jam or preserves over the stove or in the microwave (until it’s more like a syrup consistency) and drizzle over top of the iced cinnamon rolls.
| Instagram | Twitter | Facebook |